M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3 View Post
After getting a full blown CiC Retrofit (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695241) from Mike I made the decision to go all out and tune my car with some added toys.

My setup consisted of:
-AFE scoops
-AFE stage 2 intake
-RPI X-Pipe test pipes (Thank you Trinity Motorsports! Shout out)
-Agency Power Cat Back (The agency guys create a beautiful exhaust and offer amazing support).

-Euro DCT (Benvo added)
-Euro MDM (Benvo added)

BENVO TUNED:

After consulting Mike about what type of changes we should make I took the plunge.

Wow! I finally found that lowend torque I've been looking for in my M3 for a long time. 2500-4500 pulls hard and it doesn't stop. It was lacking so much there before. I had the following changes in my tune so far

NOTE: some of the changes may be a bit over my head to talk about confidently / proprietary to Mike's tune. From what I understand my test pipes allow for more timing and cylinder fill.

-No cold start (now I don't wake up the neighborhood)
-Advanced tuning of my VANOS timing, cam adjustments, higher resolution of maps at the high end
-Emissions fault cleared/off
-Remapped Sport, and Sport+
-Raised redline and optimized top end maps

RESULT: wow, omg, holy sh*t! This is how an M3 is supposed to feel. The tune was so noticeable it literally changed the sound of my car from a nasty v8 to a more refined and exotic racing engine. The thing is a beast! I literally feel like I'm 5 years old again. The car just begs to be floored.

Mike literally tuned my file by hand, byte by byte. He wanted my input to tailor the car to what I wanted and how I drove (well how I would drive with the M button on ). I felt like I was being fitted for a fine Italian suit and the service was unbelievable. Mike's quality of service is unbelievable. He does what only a few brands can do - He makes you feel special and as if your the only client and purpose he has. This attention to detail and service are second to none.

If you're the type of guy who dreams of having, has custom tailored suits, or just like that professional attention Mike is for you. With Mike you're a client not a customer.

Thank you again Mr. Benvo!
Can you elaborate on Euro DCT? I believe the car defaults to D2 (instead of S3) at start-up on the Euro version, but are there other differences?
Plus 1... What's euro DCT?

I've heard of euro MDM but not euro DCT.

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0