View Single Post
      05-30-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 BMW M3

Forum scammer Ed22

Learn from my mistake and do not associate with this guy John Edwards "from Texas."

For starters, I posted a WTB thread for some challenge sport x pipes. "John Edwards" sends me a pm saying he has one for sale and would be willing to ship it to me. We get to talking and come to an agreement on $900 shipped for the part. He asked me to pay through zelle which was my mistake for not being cautious. I sent him $450 as a deposit to hold the item and we agreed I send him the second part of the payment once the item has been shipped. He told me he worked in the medical field and has been super busy which is why he hasnt been responding as much. I also noticed his area code is from North Carolina even though he said hes from Texas. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and was being patient working with him. He told me he sent the pipes to fedex and sent me a picture of the shipping label. I sent him over the second payment and he told me he didnt receive it. I called my bank to verify if it was sent and they said that the sender accepted the money already. I called "John" and he said he requested a refund to be sent back because he "didnt have access" to the account. However, he told me to send money again to that same account that "wasnt working." I told him he wouldnt be receiving anymore money from me until I see the refund he claimed I would get. Also to be safe, I went to fedex to ask them to look up the shipping label he sent me and they said it wasn't created in the system. It was pretty obvious it was fake since the barcode number was "123456 1234567." I looked up the address he was shipping from and it was a medical center in Texas..... Anyways, its been about 3 days since ive last heard from him. Hes been ignoring all my texts and phone calls so its safe to assume ive just been scammed out of $900....... Its an expensive learning experience but now i understand why people always do transactions through paypal. Anyways if theres a guy named John Edwards from Texas that is trying to buy or sell you stuff, i HIGHLY recommend just ignoring him since he is not credible at all......
Appreciate 1
wfdeacon881105.00