Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILC32 View Post
Interesting info. Thanks.

The hp range seems odd. They still do not know exactly how much hp the car will develop, but they are certain it will fall somewhere within an 8 hp range?

If it is 422, that in my opinion is at the lower range of acceptability. I know 422 is a lot of power, but this will be a heavy car, whether or not it has a cf roof. Competition is continuing to move power levels higher, while if recent history is any gauge, the new M3 will retain the same power spec for the life of the model. Putting a possible limited production CSL aside, is 422 enough for the life of the standard M3? That is roughly the same power Audi has been making for over a year now in its RS4. The current rumor is 460 for the C63. Granted the Audi and MB motors are larger capacity, but why has M not increased the bore or stroke of the cut-down S62 to achieve a capacity over 4.0 liters?

And yes, I do understand that there is more to a car than power. With M, I assume the other parts of the package are done properly.

+1

The amount off HP is a little disapointing to me. Only the total package can make it up IMO, this means the weight will be the most important issue. Maybe BMW does keep the amount off HP on purpose low, this gives more room for a possible CSL.
Therefore I don`t like the general idea of making a CSL. IMO make just one hell off a M3..........................an M3 IMO should not compete with an CSL..........................the one and only M3 should compete against the RS4/RS5, Porsche 911. This means that if 440 HP is possible ( rumours with a possible CSL ), the should put it wright away in the one and only M3 !!
Appreciate 0