View Single Post
      09-21-2007, 10:46 AM   #94
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
That should rightly silence all the folks who went on and on about poor gas mileage. And if not, well then they are just bitching for the sake of bitching.
Keep us posted on your mileage RealDC.
I definately fit this category, infact, I am the OP. Maybe I am too hopeful about newer generation DFI, we shall see when Porsche releases it in the 997, 987. I will continue to have high expectations with manufactures to get the best mileage out of their high performance powplants, especially since gas prices in the states are likely to reach +$4 a gallon for regular unleaded in the near future. I know we are lucky here in the States.
You have a 335, it gets amazing mileage vs it's competition thanks to DFI and biturbos. The M3 actually looks like it will also get good mileage compared to other V8's with the exception being the amazing 6.2 litre LS3 in the Vette. BMW better not be lying about the 8% increase in fuel efficiency of the M3 over the E46 or it might be enough to tip the scales for me in another direction. One must take into account the 08 EPA mileage ratings are more accurate and therefore mileage is rated lower than previous years. So when comparing the E92 to the E46 one must take this into account and make the necessary adustments. Kiplinger has a excellent website for this:

http://www.kiplinger.com/tools/gas_mileage/
Appreciate 0