View Single Post
      06-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
JFlo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe DCT

The big detail coming up!

So as I recently acquired a 2009 E90 M3 and it is time for a little detail! I finally got my order(s) and I am planning on getting it done one of the coming week ends.

Below is a picture of what I just picked up. I have only used CG's shampoo and wash products; I have the citrus wash that I used with my two buckets and the honey dew foam together with the foam gun/lance. I saw this new optical series that seems pretty good, and figured that I would give the line-up a try. Just briefly what I got (from left to right):

Four new 5.5" pads (will use with with Porter Cable DA)
Polishing pad conditioner
Optical grade V34, V36 and V38
Lava Glow Wax (was planning on applying the wax with the black pad as recommended by CG)

In the background just some new MF towels, as well as the dual xenon lamp. I got so tired of rolling the car in and out of the garage to see if I had gotten all the swirls!

Please feel free til chime in with any general advice or something specific to the M3. I searched the forum and found a couple of interesting pointers that I wouldnt have thought of myself. Also if you have any experience with the products that I am about to try please let me know how you liked them, and how to best utilize them (pad combo etc.)

Detailed write-up will follow for sure. Till then take care!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0