View Single Post
      05-29-2020, 07:48 PM   #78
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by br2wdc View Post
Yes very similar; I was searching nationwide and if it wasn't for the pandemic I would have flown out to San Diego for a SSII E90 or Chicago for a IB E90.

In another post I mentioned the two cars I missed locally, the last of which by about 4 hours to another BMW enthusiast; I vowed after that I would pursue the next good car "by any means necessary" and you see the results

I did purchase the car directly from the 2nd owner. In his receipt folder he had the EAG work order for the car showing mileage at 22k and a $1200 Service Invoice showing "work performed" including an oil change, paint less dent removal, full detail, and full tank of gas ... shockingly as you mentioned no diff/transmission/PS fluid replacement anywhere

But brace yourself for more accolades for the previous owner: at 50k miles I saw a receipt for a full Transmission service, and I asked him about it. As you may know, BMW claims it's a "lifetime" fill for DCT and he was advised as such. So he advised them to "do it, or I'll find someone else who will", which they did

So you will not be shocked to learn he replaced the power steering fluid at 65k miles, and at the last oil change he had them replace the brake fluid and rear diff oil at 76k.

I completely agree with you on ZCP, and I have learned quite a bit from your post and my next steps will concentrate on ceramic coating, an upgrade for the Audio system and of course rod bearings.

I might even create a welcome post similar to yours so I can share information and get some additional tips
Same experience here trying to purchase my E46 and my E92. lost a few good cars because I just couldn't find travel time or others beat me to it. In some cases, I did end up seeing the car in person but it didnt meet my expectation and I came back empty handed with $ out of my pocket due to travel cost. In the end though, I ended up buying the best cars I came across and they popped up in my backyard. I have learned to just be patient and trust that the car that is meant for you one day will fall onto your lap.

Glad your car came with good maintenance history. I have to do my rod bearings at some point for peace of mind and also the valve covers as both are leaking ! your ZCP wheels look so fresh. Mine are all beat up and I can not justify refinishing them or buying new ones I have to admit that silver ZCPs flow much better with Le Mans than Interlagos.
Appreciate 0