03-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #292
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
Here is a thing about testing wheels to any of the standards the smallest tire you can test on a 20 is a 35 series so if you are running less the test is thrown out anyway. Because it is not recommended tire size. They also require every offset and every width to be tested. If you truly want to know facts about any testing call STL labs and ask.

About the best thing you can do is make a center test that one style in one width and if it passes do fea on the other widths and offsets.

The TUV thing is funny because TUV is like CARB and god knows nobody's ever put a non carb component on in California.

As for adv1 and the TUV bs who knows. There are certain bolt patterns and offsets that fit multiple vehicles I think that is what they mean by applications. Tested maybe 5 styles in 2 offsets and widths would give you 100 apps probably.
i dgaf bout testin procedures or requirements. it's expected from all wheel mfgs, wheter they do or not is wut i'm tryna find out...
i'm jus a consumer tryna get ACTUAL facts n REAL paperwork that back up their claims, thas all.

n the point i was tryna make b4 is that they're not certified on "over 100 applications" like they said.
when that pic was brought up n questioned, adv posted a pic of a tuv c.of.c. sayin it was a cert.
did u read that thread btw? read it.

why do i care so much? few of my friends like their wheels n wanna kno if they're legit n worth spendin money on.

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0