View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 02:21 AM   #16
ApriliaMille
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
So I made a post showing off https://www.newtis.info/ and I figured I would make one where you can get BMW TIS on DVD so if the website ever gets taken down you will all have a copy. Note though taht the DVD .ISO doesn't contain everything there is on the website. It's the 2008 version and lists the M3 S65 years of 2006 (?) 2007 and 2008. Mostly everything is in it compared to https://www.newtis.info/ . Oddly enough, the oil change procedure isn't in the DVD but trust me it's still a goldmine! You can compare the 2 to see what's missing I haven't had a chance to check yet. I'll be around a long time and will always keep the ISO safe so if the link ever gets taken down I will try my best to re-upload it.

Here is the link to the online source

Here is the link to the TIS iso file. (Mirror 1)

I made a short video demonstrating install and a text write up. If you have any questions ask them and I will be glad to answer.

Firstly, you need a 32 bit install of Windows XP. I personally have it running on a 32 bit install of Windows XP on a virtual machine. I think you can run it of Windows 7 but not sure. 95 would surely work to. Has to be 32 bit. You also need a ISO mounting software if the OS doesn't have it natively. I use PowerISO, it's free and simple.

Video demonstrating me installing the software

Text instructions

Ok now that you have your Windows installed, you need to mount the iso. I use Power ISO to mount it since Win XP doesn't have a native solution to do so.

After it's mounted, it will act just like a CD in your windows explorer, navigate into it and go to "\WIN95\BMW\TIS" and run "SETUP.EXE" . This should install "Sysadm". Say yes when it prompts you to put a shortcut on your desktop to make things simple.

After "Sysadm" is installed, there should be a shortcut on your desktop, open it and then go into the "TIS" tab and choose "install". It should now install TIS. When it prompts you to select "CD" or "Hard Disk" select the latter.

Now you're ready to use TIS

I'm sure some of you might know things I didn't mention, let me know and I'll add to the thread!
Hey there, Midnight
I see the newits.info has been taken down by BMW.
Do you still have a link to the ISO you mentioned in your post?
Cheers
Appreciate 0