11-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #323
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
Im not very technical when it comes to these things but after doing a comparo with a friend that has a VT650 over here is that his charger doesnt start to work until the very high rpms.. where as my GPower and the Evolve kit (which I test drove) kicks in instantly....
The reason I went for the kit that I have is mainly for this....I want to feel instant boost. I do alot of daily driving.
But I guess if you want your car to go over 150mph on a regular basis then maybe the ESS kit is better
As pbonsalb described above there are certainly differences among the operation and rpm ranges of various SC options. At some level the comparisons are splitting hairs though because all SCs operate off of the crankshaft. This is the key difference compared to turbo chargers which operate from exhaust flow and are fighting impeller inertia at lower engine rpms. This is why calling any SC as not working at low rpms is pretty much a fallacy. If you look at the torque curves of any of the common SC kits out there for the M3 all offer a significant boost across the entire rpm range. Again, yes there are differences, but they are not enormous.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0