03-09-2019, 10:33 PM   #17
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
American cars have come a long way..

I drove a Shelby GT350 - it was riotously good. Massive amounts of top end power, the sound is next level. The flat plane V8 howls menacingly, muscly and exotic at the same time. Brake pedal feel was excellent, masses of grip (295 fronts, 305 rears!), nice notchy gearbox. Seating position was crap, and the interior was a step down from the e9x. Chassis felt well dampened and cornered very flat. Steering wasn't the best in terms of feel and weight but it was very precise. It felt particularly lifeless run back to back with the e9x but that's the same with a lot of modern cars.

The Bullit looks like a special edition GT, which is a cool car but I wouldn't get out of an e9x for one. GT350 is a different story..
Old thread but just stumbled upon it . As someone who toyed with the idea of a GT350 to replace my E92 but finally did not act on it, there were 2 main reasons that got me to keep my e92M3
1. Build quality and interior quality - not even on the same level ... the M3 is still miles ahead
2. Very consistent horror stories regarding oil consumption on that voodoo motor starting around 5-10K miles. If u think the rod bearing issue is scary with our M3s, the oil consumption and secondary vibration issue on the GT350 is even worse. Ford has deemed the oil consumption as normal. Worse is , this isn't that much an issue when the car is new, but starts anywhere between the 10-15K mike mark according to consensus on the GT 350 forums. To me, that did not bode well for the longevity of the motor , however great it may be
Appreciate 0