04-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
bwoon
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW e92 M3  [0.00]
Does a DCT cooler exist?

I'm getting frustrated w/ my DCT. It has worked flawlessly until the last 2 track days that I attended.

The first track day at buttonwillow, car went into limp mode at the end of the 3rd session. Coudln't get the car out of first gear, had to turn it off for 30 minutes to cool it down, and it started working again. Took it to the dealership, they said that although the error message was logged, they could not reproduce the problem so they said everything was fine.

The 2nd track day at streets of willow, at the end of the 2nd session, I lost all my even gears (gears 2, 4, 6). Car would only shift in odd gears, so I took it off the track. I let it cool down again, and I was able to get my even gears back. I haven't taken it to the dealership yet, but got the "limited gears available" error message.

I did some google searching to figure out if a transmission cooler exists for the BMW DCTs, but I could only find coolers for the Nissan GTR and Mitsubishi EvoX. Anyone out there know if a DCT cooler exists for the e92/e90 m3's?

Sort of frustrated, part of me wishes I went with the 6MT so I could avoid these problems... anyone else having these problems?
Appreciate 0