12-08-2018, 12:14 AM   #1
Dakar Bam
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 Dakar edition

m3 underated

good day all

I have been struggling with getting to that magical number or 400whp. I have been using the same dyno since forever.
I am fbo and been using a combination of race fuel and ethanol to get higher readings. my best was 375whp how last Sunday I found the perfect mix of fuel and did 6 back to back pulls with a jb4 235i and DP and a softwared 135i with dp and then a forged mk7 gti with 750nm nost of those cars make almost double my torque and much more power than me. however I put bus lengths on the bmws and was neck and neck with the gti.. I dynod the car as I thought I must be making some serious power. turns out I only make like 360whp.

I know it's just a tool but I have made 375 and the car has never felt this fast before but the dyno operator says the m3 likes to be hot before a race and not just at the minimum operating temperature and he says that the gearing and high revving engine makes this car take out cars with much more power and torque.

is this all true is the m3 v8 just too remarkable that a dyno can't really explain what it really can do in a race.
Appreciate 1
wfdeacon881105.00