View Single Post
      08-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #42
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I have the Akra Evo right now. It is probably pushing the envelope of what I would want for a DD car (which mine is). I'm hoping it tames down just a hair as it breaks in. If not, it might not pass the wife test.

I must admit that one of the things I loved about the stock M3 is how insanely quiet it is until you get on it. Everyone who went for a ride (pre-Akra) commented on how quiet it is. The Akra takes some of that away and makes you feel like you are in a muscle car, not a luxury car. Stock felt like a 5 Series at cruise; Akra feels a little more like a hot rod, if that makes sense.

But I must say, the additional power the Akra brings is intoxicating, especially with the BPM Stage 2 tune (which I'd have to give up without the Akra). Once I get the Dinan intake on there and possibly a pulley (Dinan?), you can tell this thing will be very fast for an N/A M3.

One thing no one has mentioned is the Dinan, which is supposed to be comparable to the Akra if not a little more tame. Might be a dark horse candidate for this application.
Appreciate 0