09-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #196
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Cool, you got any links for this? I know they said something about their new revolutionary SoC but I didn't get any details, I wonder if that was part of the buzz.

I wonder how they're managing heat... In any case, that's awesome that the LTE functionality is finally becoming efficient, and we're already at about the maximum usable screen size, so from here, battery life should have a better chance of increasing in future releases. That is good, battery life is starting to get a little bit ridiculous in some of these flagship phones.

I wonder if they patented the combined radio (that's 50% serious inquiry and 50% joke).
not sure.. i know the A6 is actually a new different architecture as well that hasn't been released yet. Its dual core, but different then the other dual cores(such as the one as the 4S).

" Apple is the first company to commercially deploy the Cortex dual core A15 processor. This is a very advanced, efficient chip based on a 32 nanometer process. Manufactured by Samsung, it uses High-k Metal Gate (HKMG) technology. Clock for clock, it’s said to be 40 percent faster than the older Cortex A9 used in the A5 in the iPhone 4S"

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...-quad-core-but