View Single Post
      10-04-2020, 06:53 AM   #3
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisca455 View Post
I've been reading a ton of threads the last month or two, and a re-occuring theme is spark plug replacement.
Seems like I read 10,000 mile replacement intervals enough times that I wondered if I should change mine?
My plugs (G-Power supplied with the SC kit) were at 55,000+ miles, but I hadn't noticed any issues whatsoever.
The fuel milage has been good too.
I thought "Man, don't I feel lucky I don't have to change those spark plugs so often as these other folks."

While I was doing some other upkeep on the car, motor mounts, belt tensioner and idler rollers, cleaned my air filters and air box, I decided to change my spark plugs ($27 each) as well.

Took the car out for a real test drive this morning, while doing some freeway driving, I noticed right away that the car seemed to have WAY snappier throttle response, and noticeably more grunt down low.
It was fast as s#!t with the old spark plugs, but now...you better be on the lookout for tire spin when the revs hit 7000 in 4th gear!
It will wiggle itself right off a narrow, crowned, dirty country road if you aren't 100% on guard.
I am now a "Spark Plug Guy"!
What plugs are those? They are not stock. Most people use stock plugs even with superchargers since the ionic knock sensor is tuned to the stock plugs. Did GPower specify those single electrode plugs for its supercharger kits?
Appreciate 1
Davisca4552207.50