lancerr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arucano View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerr View Post
Hi, I'm trying to polish my machined lip but I'm not having any luck with mag polish and a buffing cone / drill attachment as instructed on several YouTube videos.

Polishing the lip for 20 mind didn't seem to create even a minor change in the lips reflectance.

Any one here have any advice on how to get this to a mirror finish?
that looks like chattering of the cutting tool during machining, about the only way to get rid of that is re-machine or sand it while spinning. Polishing will not get rid of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
Those are clearcoated. You'll need to separate the faces from the barrels, strip the clearcoat and sand the lips... then follow up with several polish passes to make shine. Using the meguirs powerball isn't going to cut it for what you're after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arucano View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerr View Post
Hi, I'm trying to polish my machined lip but I'm not having any luck with mag polish and a buffing cone / drill attachment as instructed on several YouTube videos.

Polishing the lip for 20 mind didn't seem to create even a minor change in the lips reflectance.

Any one here have any advice on how to get this to a mirror finish?
that looks like chattering of the cutting tool during machining, about the only way to get rid of that is re-machine or sand it while spinning. Polishing will not get rid of that.

Yeah, I'm going to have to redo the barrels
thinking I might as well take advantage of that and redo the front barrel lengths and get a square setup of 19x9.5 all around.
Appreciate 0