United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe

Garage List
2020 Acura NSX  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonSG View Post
Leemik, care to share on how you installed the Vorsteiner GTS Wings? Like what kind of brackets/screws did you use to install your aluminium uprights?

As i am dealing with some issue with installation for my F82 M4 as i am intending to DIY.

From my info that our rear boot (the place to mount on) is CFRP, so i was afraid that when mounting it, it may crack/fly off. As i purchased the wing and it didnt come with any hardware, buying the GTS hardware itself is very costly so I am intending to fabrciate a plate to support it. Care to share on how your workshop that installed for you did it? TIA
I don't know how my shop did it.. I was in Japan when the install happened.

I bought the Vorsteiner stands which are much cheaper and he said he mounted it as far back as he could without cutting the skeleton.. I believe the e92 trunk is all metal.. I'm not sure what screws and brackets were used on the bottom of the trunk.. I think it was either a very small metal plate or just large washers and some bolts he had on hand. There is also some sticky black rubber between the trunk and the wing that provides insulation from water and scratches from metal on metal rubbing.

On top, I know that it is all M6x1.0 (~16mm length) bolts .. A nut is not necessary but if you wanted to use one for looks get 24mm length bolt+nut. I recently changed all the top bolts to pretty titanium myself, be careful of the head size though they need to be very small in front of the wing.

For f82, i noticed from Vorsteiner's stock images that the mounts are very close the center of the trunk.. perhaps it is flattest and most sturdy there? It is definitely more far forward than it was mounted on mine.

Last edited by leemik; 09-25-2018 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0