leemik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe

Garage List
2020 Acura NSX  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [9.50]
thanks everyone for the kind comments.. i know wings are not the most popular thing here on this forum..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomM3 View Post
Now, I looked at iND website and it shows $772 for hardware/reinforcement... Do you know what this is?
The wing itself for ~$1800 comes with no stands/mounts and no hardware (nuts, bolts, plates) to mount it. It's just the CF wing. This is so you can mix and match stands and hardware as needed. Some people may like the wing to sit little it lower or higher or already have existing stands that work.

I personally chose the matching Vorsteiner stands for ~$700/~$800. It's a couple inches higher than the BMW GTS stands but lower than some of those giant wing stands.

The hardware my installer put together himself.. I ended up ordering a few M6x1.00 titanium bolts from dressupbolts.com to make it look a little bit better on the exposed parts. You can also buy the official BMW GTS wing hardware from BMW..which I believe includes some plates and bolts and little things to mount on your trunk. Any authentic BMW GTS part costs a LOT of money though if you can even get it.

--mike
Appreciate 0