United_States
Rep
Drives: Cars

Garage List
2012 BMW e92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3Fresh View Post
Great choice.

Can you give any feed back on things that you have noticed between the 350 vs E92? Like interior/exterior/drive-feel/anything or a pros/cons list.

I am in a similar boat and gt350 and M2 are top on my list for a E90m Replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14_deltaM3 View Post
From personal experience driving both:
- gt350 is another level in terms of objective performance. Grip, power, brakes.
-the gt350 feels about 700 pounds heavier and 5 feet wider. Def a consideration based on the roads you normally drive
- don’t expect the gt350 to do daily duties as well
- I won’t comment on reliability or dependability other than to say both cars have their weak points in terms of engine
- in terms of driving enjoyment, I didn’t find them to be apart despite offering different experiences
Good points. The GT350 definitely does feel like a much larger car compared to a e92 M3 despite weighing almost identical. My M3 was a dual purpose car and after driving the GT350 for a few days, I went out and bought a DD. It takes a special person with a lot of control to DD one of these. The car demands to be pushed and doesn't come alive until its revved out and by then you are exceeding any speed limits. It also likes to follow the road a lot with the massive front tires.

Performance wise out of the box is fantastic. The stock brakes are very firm and provide amazing stopping power. I felt no fade after multiple 20 minute sessions. Power and delivery is similar to the M3, it likes to be high in the revs with about 100 more hp/tq. It does feel a little sluggish under 4k.

Interior is definitely not as nice as the M3 but I didn't buy the car for luxury so it doesn't bother me at all. It has all the basic functions and apple car play is a plus.

Exterior wise I've seen some bad panel gaps and alignment issues, something to be aware of if you are looking for one. Even at stock ride height the front splitter and rear diffuser can scrape.

Both GT350 and M3 have their own set of issues which are well documented on the forums, I'd recommend you check those out if you are considering one. But overall I'm very happy with the car. If you want a dual purpose car go M2 but if you want more performance GT350. Can't go wrong with either choice