View Single Post
      08-27-2018, 07:24 PM   #7
Djetaine
Private
Rep
Drives: 01 330ci, 08 e93m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantm3 View Post
Is there anyway to tell what codes were cleared. I bought mine from a dealer a few years back and had all kinds issues right off the bat. they tried to reset check engine light. within 3 miles the dash lit up like a xmas tree with warning lights. They bought the car back in the end and cancelled the sale. I say look privately on forum and buy from someone who has history and you can talk to as well.
I would have liked to buy from an individual but I found it difficult to get a bank to finance the remainder with a private seller, at least not for any decent interest rate. I ended up putting 12 down and and financed the last 10 at 3.99 for 60 months.

I had the dealer take it to autoscope and they did a full diag on it. They did an amazing job going through every little thing and it all came back clean. The only issues they found was that the door and passenger rear quarter were repainted, and not terribly well (more orange peel than normal m3 orange peel) but its really not noticeable unless you are looking for it. That ended up helping me to negotiate the price better in the end.

They were not able to tell what codes had been cleared, but I made the dealership drive it for another 100 miles until all the readiness monitors came back clean. Apparently none of the techs there complained when asked if they wanted to take a joyride.

I did find out that the car was NOT as advertised. It was advertised as base m3, 18" wheels, no packages, jet black.
It's actually got 19" wheels, the tech package, cold weather package and it's black sapphire metallic. I didn't tell them, lol. They said it didn't come with a manual. I found it in the bottom of the trunk with the original sticker for 79500.

I am beyond happy with this car.
Appreciate 1
tdott3950.00