B.E.
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 & 1969 Mustang Fastback

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
I did not need to know these existed- realoem says the bare oe front door assembly is over 30lb each and rear is 25 for a grand total of holy crap that's a lot of weight loss

If they become useable with the OEM door innards, I'd be a buyer. My car is slowly turning into a really crappy version of a Singer E90M soon I'll be reupholstering the engine bay with yellow tartan vinyl, lol
haha production carbon doors didn't exist before in the USA! But oh yes, they are a real thing now! The first of the three sets has been delivered and the doors are being installed as we speak. The weight loss is real. The doors are around 10 lbs each. Casey from Racewerkz says so far the fit is very good. But the doors don't just drop onto the car in 5 minutes. There's a fair amount of install work. Hopefully, the other two sets will be done next week and I can get my install going.

When you say "useable with the OEM door innards".......do you mean being able to install door cards? Or windows? Not sure what you're asking.

Ok, I'll tease everyone. First, the car in the picture is not my car. I know it looks like mine. But don't get confused. I would never have MCS stickers on my car!!!! mwuahahahahahaha (got ya Casey!)

(Allow me to explain----pretty much EVERY SINGLE TIME I talk to Casey at Racewerkz----EVERY......SINGLE......TIME----he finds a way to take a dig at my JRZs......so I take EVERY opportunity I can to get him back! hahahahaha)

So, this car belongs to lemanszcpm3 . We have similar builds---E90, blue, gutted, cages built by Racewerkz, similar aero, AP Racing Radi-Cals, etc. He took the lead on getting the doors fabricated and donated his doors for the molding, so he got the first set. Here is an in-process pic of the doors going on his car. ummm would it be fair for me to say that I'm just a bit excited?

Saw it last week when I went to pick up my car from Racewerkz, and the fitment looked much better than the Geoff Steel cf doors I have
Appreciate 0