View Single Post
      03-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #12
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
How do they hold up over a 20-30 minute session? The nice thing about the Nitto's is they stay very consistent and don't grease up. Was thinking of picking up some of the Goodyears to try this year.

Do you have any lap time differences between the Goodyears and the NT01?
They held up real well over five 20-25 minute sessions - in my opinion better than the nittos. I ran a sticker set of nittos five sessions on Saturday at COTA with a best of 2:37.05. Switched the next morning & first session out clocked a 2:35.06 running pretty much the same line. Was really happy with how the car was working and was really able to focus on my driving & finding faster lines the rest of the day. Eventually I was able to clock consistent upper 2:32's by the last session (video is in the track chit-chat thread if you would like to see it).

I will add the Goodyears are freaky slick when they are cold... like driving on ice the first couple of turns of a session. Grip comes on very fast after that though. Even when they start to get a little hot they were still very manageable and could stay within ~0.3s of my fast lap. Nittos for me would fall off much more noticeably about 2/3 of the way through the session.

For reference my cold temps were between 23.5 & 25 psi. That would put me at 34 psi after the 1/2 a cooldown lap and slow trip back to the garage that you get there. 34 hot at that same point was also where I felt the Nitto's worked best on Saturday.

To sum up my experience - all things being equal at least 2 seconds quicker over the 3.4 mile track for me. Also considerably more consistent throughout the session than the Nittos.
Appreciate 3
tsk941522.00
chocstraw495.50