View Single Post
      02-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #53
Wes Howell
www.facebook.com/weshowellcreative
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M4 Coupe Project Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epik View Post
The post claiming how if any GTR owner had an extra 30k they would be looking at maseratis or r8s is so incredibly naive and absurd.

Tell that to any of the enthusiasts who've been converted from lambos and ferraris and car guys like chris harris who say the way it drives feels more special than the new 911 turbo.

The GTR is not what people who can't afford a real supercar buy, that car is irrefutably the M3.
Hey to each his own... but I completely disagree.

The GT-R is fast, I've spent plenty of time in them. And FWIW, I'd rather drive it then a 2 or 3 year old 911 Turbo, for the money..

But the GT-R is a Nissan....and the interior and fit and finish blows. The knobs suck- the interior is plasticy.. the stereo completely blows....
I'm surpised nobody has mentioned this.
It's fast as hell - no doubt about that, but that's about it, IMO

I could have bought the GT-R, but I chose the M3 for the overall quality and refinement of the car and the fact that the 6MT with the right mods is a truly fun vehicle to drive. I enjoy little things like the interior, the technology, the headlights, the stereo, the wheel, etc, etc

I know my buddy that has 40k on his GT-R loved the M3. (he missed the stick) They're definitely in the same league IMO - just in different ways.

Last edited by Wes Howell; 02-16-2011 at 10:54 PM..
Appreciate 0