08-16-2018, 07:29 AM   #43
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMOM3 View Post
Looking at your pictures, you DEFINITELY need panel replacement on all of those. They might try to resist replacing the rear quarter, but there's too much damage there.

It's definitely fixable and I don't see anything that would keep you from being able to restore it.
That's what I was stressing on with the service guy at the collision shop. He said that a lot of the things could be repaired and I told him no. We specifically talked about the driver rear quarter and he said he would be pulling it out and using bondo. My heart sank. Are you saying the same for the door panels as well?

What's the process of repairing the driver rear quarter? That's a solid piece all the way from the tail light to the base of the windshield and integral to the unibody. Are you cutting out the rear fender and molding it together?

What are your feelings in regards to the suspension and possible subframe given that the front right wheel is pushed back a good 6 inches or so and facing all kinds of wonky directions relative to the other wheel. Just curious if you have experience with this.
Appreciate 0