View Single Post
      09-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #6
Brawler
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '04 M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrón View Post
One of the small details that I love about the e9xM is the mirrors, to me, you've made them look like the f8xM. The mirrors and hood bulge of my m4 is what I dislike.

It's great that you are customizing them.
I hear ya dude. The one prominent F8xM feature I took was the little flick at the top of the mirror... and that was it, promise. That one bit helped bring all those curves to end (imo). The rest of the F8xM mirror was far too square and flat for me (I prefer the curvy-cupped design of the E46M mirror), I don't really like it either and I think they look terrible on an E9x, simply doesn't compliment the cars' form.

I've tried to pick out curves and lines from the bonnet down to the door, they've been made specifically with the E92 in mind.

Oh and I agree re. the bonnet bulge... but I'm weird and don't see any of these as 'small details'... there's so much going on with complete components like a set of mirrors or headlights. These are big details to me!

Just needed to explore this idea, the good thing is E9xM mirrors are easily available to us all on ebay, should this project fail that's where I'll end up

Some more work done- changed one line drastically, and a few others here and there. Cut out more space for the mirror glass, primed the lot, painted the front face and the base black.

Appreciate 1
Patrón544.50