11-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #20
Repoman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi R8 V10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Since the last trip worked out quite well with the recommendations from you guys. I'm here asking for help on planning a 2 week trip to Europe. We will be landing in Munich. The countries we are trying to fit in are Italy, France and of course Germany since we will be landing there.

Please give tips, comments, and recommendations regarding methods of travel, where to stay, where to eat, etc. A friend will be picking up a 4 series so we will have a car for one mode of transportation.

Thank you in advance!!
Day 1-3 Munich (SC) Hotel Leonardo is awesome, I highly recommend it. Underground parking, close to BMW Welt, and has an amazing breakfast buffet. There is a Thai restaurant called "Yum". It is amazing, reserve far ahead. Very important * They have special pricing for BMW Welt customers @ hotel Leonardo, I didn't get to take advantage of this when I picked up mine.

Day 3-5 Stuttgart (SC) Hotels anywhere near the center are fine. The U-Bahn makes it really easy to get around. If you want recommendations for Stuttgart, PM me and I will give you my personal list. Visit the castle in Ludwigsburg, I'm not really a tour guy but my sister dragged me on it and I had a really good time.

Day 5-8 Zurich (SC everywhere) Interesting city, check it out. Make sure and stop at the border and get a vignette (autobahn toll sticker for Switzerland)

Day 8-10 Milano (my favorite little town around Milano is Busto Arsitzio, pretty cool spot)

Day 11-13 Prague Raddison Blu in Prauge is amazing. Underground parking too. The hotel chef has a Michelin star or two? Either way, the entire dining experience was excellent. The city is really lively and there is a lot to see. I will be going again sometime soon.

Day 13-14 Munich (SC) Fly out!

*SC= Speed Cameras - be careful out there...

The drive from Milan to Prague is pretty long. I had Paris as that destination but I really didn't enjoy France that much. For me, Prague was much cooler. Maybe the south of France would be a better option. Check Virtualtourist or some travel site for reviews.

You don't need to go down to Rome to get the "Italian" experience. Milano is amazing and has a lot of great dining options.

Lastly, you may want to shuffle the order of the trip into something that makes more sense logistically.
Appreciate 0