Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Rakete View Post
Mike can answer better but...

The DCT has its own controller unit. Mike can access it but not via OBD and the remote-capable method like he can the ECU. He needs to connect to it directly meaning you and your car have to meet him, somewhere. I don't know what improvements he can make/has made with respect to DCT operation but I'm becoming interested. So the answer is "No, the tune does not include DCT programming" but there is a caveat...

The ECU still controls the engine during the shift. Whether there is any communication, feedback, etc. between the ECU and the DCT control unit I don't know (I'm sure Mike does) but the ECU does do torque management during the shift by interrupting fuel/spark/pixie dust injection. How much is determined at a basic level by which Drivelogic mode you are in, i.e. 1 - 6. I suspect that DSC and other factors enter as secondary drivers. If there is two-way, or at least one-way communication between the ECU and DCT then it could be very interesting. I have some BMW documentation, if i get a chance later I will look, assuming Mike hasn't jumped in and schooled me.

I went driving again today while everyone was sleeping it off or watching the Rose Parade and, well...

OMG.

I can now easily get some real rear differential locking action in Drivelogic 5 with the Euro MDM. Before the US-spec MDM nanny pretty much wouldn't allow it. When I next pick up some Wheaties at the store I'll try Drivelogic 6 and DSC off. Stock I could get a really good sideways kick in the 1-2 shift with a little bit of steering input. Now...? Wheaties first.
Looks like you can't have enough of your car with the BPM Sport tune. I am the same, and I think I can notice a change in my exhaust note, definitely louder. I have the /// Performance exhaust. I've also installed the BMC air filter in the last couple of days, and it's a lot noisier inside the car. I don't know whether the radiator cooling fans are working over time. We've had a heatwave in Perth, Western Australia and the temperature was 41 Celsius .... very very hot.
I am seriously considering test pipes and Stage II ....