08-23-2022, 05:31 PM   #1145
Evgenyproject
Rep
Drives: F30 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgenyproject View Post
I have question for those who have installed a REVERSE CAMERA.
I have SoftClose and when I open the car and start, then reverse out, I get no picture from the camera. If I put D so immediately comes the front camera dog then I switch again to R then I also have the image from the rear camera.

How did you connect it? Did you connect the + and - cables to the rear light?

Thanks
The + cable of the camera should go directly to the Mr 12 Volt. The - should either go to a proper chassis ground like one of the bolts in the battery well. You are able to get the camera working without grounding it at all, and some have had this work better than grounding it. I tried this approach and am having some intermittent interference issues, still have not tried to debug it. Works 75% of the time but get occasional interference or no signal at all. Possibly a bad connection on my part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgenyproject View Post
I have question for those who have installed a REVERSE CAMERA.
I have SoftClose and when I open the car and start, then reverse out, I get no picture from the camera. If I put D so immediately comes the front camera dog then I switch again to R then I also have the image from the rear camera.

How did you connect it? Did you connect the + and - cables to the rear light?

Thanks
The + cable of the camera should go directly to the Mr 12 Volt. The - should either go to a proper chassis ground like one of the bolts in the battery well. You are able to get the camera working without grounding it at all, and some have had this work better than grounding it. I tried this approach and am having some intermittent interference issues, still have not tried to debug it. Works 75% of the time but get occasional interference or no signal at all. Possibly a bad connection on my part.

I have exactly the same symptoms.
Also with flickering when turning on.
I'll make a video of it.
Have connected + from rear view camera to Mr12volt. Ground I have not connected.
Appreciate 0