View Single Post
      09-01-2020, 12:50 PM   #1
PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Hey experienced detailers, wanted to get your thoughts on my plan to detail my 2012 M3. The paint is in very good, glossy condition with very few defects that I can see besides a few small stone chips on the hood that I've tried my best to touch up, and it spends pretty much all of its time in a garage, but I'd like to do a light DA cleanup/polish before putting on a LSP (probably "The Last Coat").

I bought a couple of "finishing polishes" - Menzerna 3500 and Meguiar's D302 - and the Lake Country 5.5" set of foam pads (Orange, White, Black) since I don't think the car really needs paint correction or compounding, though I am new at this so not really sure. I am leaning towards the Menzerna 3500 since it has a very light cut (3/10) to clean up any minor imperfections and produces high gloss, but I'm trying to decide which pad to use. The white is supposedly a "polishing" pad and the black is a "finishing" pad. Which would you recommend? Or are there better options like the Menzerna soft cut foam pad? Am I overthinking it?

Any thoughts or other tips appreciated. I am of course planning to do a full wash, decontamination, clay bar and eraser before polishing.