11-30-2019, 12:09 PM   #3
RE36TRO
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///E36,E46,E92,F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalbe View Post
If you are going to do coilovers then definitely get 2-ways. Coilovers will class the car in STU with SCCA rules. The ability to independently adjust rebound front and rear is a really good benefit. I have been running in STU for the last two years, and autocrossed with the KW Clubsport 2-ways this year. KW's recommended bump/rebound settings are a good place to start. If you need more compliance for DD and when you start to play with the settings it is easy to adjust. There are plenty of posts saying clubsports are too stiff. With the ability to adjust them however you want, this has not been my experience. I DD'd the car with the clubsports for most of this year before I got my dad wagon. You should consider adjustable sway bar end links to get rid of preload on the sways. From memory they should be able to be adjusted shorter than stock, but someone here will correct me if I am wrong.

Wide front wheels and tires have clearance issues with the front main springs that can be solved by replacing the front main spring with a shorter spring, or by using spacers. I replaced the main spring. There is a thread in this section detailing how to do it and what is needed.

There are other good options for coilovers with double adjustable dampers. I chose the KW's because it is a single source solution since they come with camber plates.
Great info and thanks! Yes at a minimum I plan to do a 2 way coilover and leaning towards the KWCS, TCK or wishful thinking, the JRZ 2 way given Apex is having a sale. I do plan on going with an 18x10 squared config so I will run into that issue you mentioned, and I am hearing while a 5mm is suggested, it is not a guarantee to clear. Not sure if TCK or JRZ will have this issue. I am even contemplating sticking w/ a 19" (19x10 squared, 275/30) setup..I believe this may clear w/ no spacer?
Appreciate 0