07-17-2018, 10:12 PM   #13
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
I raced a ZO6 one night from light to light and barely beat him. When we stopped at the next light he said "wow, that M3 is quick, you want to try it again for a hundred bucks?" Obviously I said no. Light turns green and he toasted me by four car lengths easy. The M4 guy is probably reading this thread and cracking up laughing right now just like ZO6 guy was when he tried to set me up. Enjoy your victory.
I don't really see it as a victory, as I know what the M4 is packing. Just some fun running on the freeway, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
My best guess is he had a 6 speed and did not downshift, while your auto did good driving for you. That is the only way I can make sense of the outcome.
The A4 is a 6MT, not an auto *lol*. And that might be it. I posted some time ago about all the Focus STs that I came across in the M and that I wouldn't even downshift when running them. That is *entirely* possible that the same thing occurred in this instance. Don't understand why he'd do it the 2nd time when he was walked the first time. But yeah, that's completely logical.
Appreciate 0