11-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #403
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
is it me or do most people with an okay sized house live in a remote area? most look like they carved a chunk out of the forest or sand. not sure if i could be that far from everything.

that's why i can't decide if i should get a mega house in a remote area or an okay house closer to the coast. :/
For us we wanted to be on a Lake. Plus we wanted to build our own house and we wanted at least an acre of property.

The dirt around the lakes closer to down town is stupid expensive. Like $625k for a 1/4 acre 8 miles from down town Tampa. So we moved 10 miles further north and bought nearly 2 acres for under $197k. Since we were custom building, the house costs the same no matter where we put it.

The kicker is that time from the expensive dirt to down town tampa is a 15 min drive. From our house to DTT is just under 30 at nearly any time of day. The biggest difference is that where our house is now, it's very quite. Like sanctuary quite at times. Summer isn't as quite during the days because of the lake activity, but the rest of the time, quite.

And, because of the geographic shape of Tampa Bay area, the only direction the city can grow, is north and east. East sucks so it's growing north and every day my lake get's closer to down town tampa so to speak. Hopefully the dirt around my lake will be stupid expensive some time soon.