Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
any cam work?
There are no forced induction cams available for the S65. You don't want to use NA cams on an FI engine. Bert's and I have talked about doing FI cams for a while and he has a design for one, but it's never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
What rod bolts were used?
Carrillo M9-CARR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVH View Post
Did the break in period differ from the method you recommended on previous posts, ie initial startup, change oil, startup again, change oil, ect....?
Breaking in on an engine dyno can be done very fast in a matter of hours. Afterwords, these were the instructions given to Sergei.
http://wiki.rcollins.org/core/index....arged_Break_In

Quote:
If so, what's different in this build?
My shop has built a dozen or more S65 and S85 strokers and dozens of other S65 and S85 engines. I'd say what sets this build aside is having an Indy-500 winning engine builder do the job. Everything is measured and fitted. If it doesn't fit to an exact specification, then parts are machined until they do. Cams were assembled and probably timed and re-timed three times until there wasn't even a 1/2-degree slop in where they sat or opened/closed the valves. I'd say this is the quality you get from an Indy-500 winning engine builder.

I'll see if I can push Bert to get some pictures of the build.
Appreciate 3