Mr.MichaelM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3XC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Michael,
Post a vid I'd love to check it out. I'm guessing this is only on cold start? With my first kit I would need to let the car sit for 20 seconds after cold start as the revs would go really low if I put it into reverse immediately and would sometimes stall. On my own laziness I never brought this up to get it addressed.

Now with my new kit my revs do jump up on cold start (maybe 2500k?). It is always fine after sitting for say 20 seconds and I've never had it go into limp mode because of it. I would take a video but my car is in PA getting a rear diff brace. Post it up if you can, would be really interesting to see if your car is doing the same thing as mine. Active will see if its software related once I get my car back. Interesting nevertheless. BTW if you got your kit put on at AutoCouture Lalit & Tommy has seen my car do this as well.

My o2 sensor was bad and my idle controller valve was throwing a code too but since replacing the o2 sensor neither have come up again. I'm going to scan the car when I get it back to make sure there aren't any hidden codes coming up.

All of the tuners seem to be in warm weather places so we need to work on them getting offices here.

Fellow FI love
Thanks for your help! Of course I just tried to take a video and the car was flawless. (My luck)

2015 F80 M3: JB4 and MPE

2022 G80 M3CX: At port
Appreciate 0