11-02-2010, 11:03 PM   #61
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
I get the gist of what you're saying, but don't entirely agree with you.

If I'm paying north of $50K for a vehicle....and then getting charged north of $100/125 per hour for service....I do expect more than a Hyundai Accent as my loaner.

I could take it to an independent shop for a minimum of $50 an hour less....so I'm assuming the dealership can still "afford" a better loaner.
I get your drift but really honestly I'm just happy not to be waiting sitting around doing nothing. I don't want their fancy coffee, bakery or enjoy their leather couch I just want to get out of there by any means even if that means driving a Cobalt. I like driving lesser cars when I go for service. That way when I get my car back cleaned and repaired and enjoy it even more. Sometimes we forget that were fortunate and we ask for way too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0