08-16-2018, 08:33 AM   #30
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
What the hell are you talking about?! Through your own auto insurance you can get rental car coverage so if you get into an accident and need a rental car while your car is being repaired or if it's stolen and pending the 30 day wait period, they pay for it up to X amount of dollars depending on your policy. I pay $12.01 for 6 months so $2/month. It will cover up to $45/day up to $1500. That's the insurance rental car coverage I'm talking about. If you don't want to pay $2/month for that coverage, that's all on you. You obviously, as you stated, never needed it in the 300 years you've been driving so be it! LMFAO
I actually thought the funniest part was "piece of mind", but I just got a quote from my agent, $45/day rental coverage is $390/year on my policy.

I own and insure 3 cars. If you only insure 1 car, sure it makes sense and it's cheap, but like most insurance it's money down the drain if you don't use it. I've insured 3 cars for ~20 years, so $390 x 20 is $7800.

I suppose I could get rental coverage on just 1 vehicle and assuming $130/year that is only ~$10/month (not $2/month), but how do you determine which vehicle is going to be involved in an accident? All are driven daily by different members in my family (including myself). No point in getting rental coverage unless it is on all 3 vehicles and that does not make financial sense for me.
Appreciate 0