View Single Post
      12-01-2018, 02:10 PM   #60
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Been spending the majority of my time just enjoying the car and have been so busy with work lately that I haven't been able to make any updates or move forward with any particular modifications. BUT, I bit the bullet and found a track day that worked with my busy schedule and booked it.

Drove up to Bakersfield Thursday evening with my brother in his Subaru STi and my good friend Jason from Protective Film Solutions in his McLaren 570S shop car.
Buttonwillow with SpeedDistrict on Friday was the destination..

Here's a quick video of the McLaren on the drive up

Woke up at a "decent" hour on Friday morning and made our way to Buttonwillow.
Well worth the drive up the night before so that we didn't have to wake up at 3AM the morning of to get there on time..

Now while the car isn't a "track car" by any means, I was dying for some track time so figured why not just get out there and just have some fun, not going for any records or anything.

Car Setup for the day, not optimal, but fine for a good time:
-APEX EC7
18x10 +25 w/ 275/35/18 Michelin PSS
18x11 +25 w/ 295/35/18 Michelin PSS
-H&R Race Springs
-Bimmerworld SS Brake Lines
-PFC 01 Pads
-Castrol SRF Fluid

Car felt good. Not great, as the tires were not confidence inspiring at all. Springs were bouncy and left a lot to be desired. Brakes were wonderful, but were overworking my tires a bit. Nonetheless, had a great time yesterday and it was fun to be back out there again. Definitely have a few modifications in mind to bring everything together for a primarily street driven car that sees occasional track time.

Anyways, on to some pics:

Lastly, I wanted to mention that SpeedDistrict put on one of the best track days I have been to. They limit the car count to 70-75, so each run group (only 3, beginner, intermediate, and advanced) has only 20-25 cars at a time. This leads to more track time, more "space" on track to yourself, and an overall better experience. We had some rain the night before, so the track was a bit damp in the morning, but it dried up quickly. Unfortunately the runoff turned from dirt to big mud puddles in some areas, so there were multiple cars that ended up having to get pulled out of there, however because of the excellent organization by SpeedDistrict and the quick skills of the Buttonwillow crew, there was hardly any impact on overall on-track time, only a couple very slight delays for the next run group to get started. Overall, as my first time running at a SpeedDistrict event, I would highly recommend it to everyone to run a day with them and try it our if you haven't already!
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 1