08-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #91
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I'm not quite sure how large TB thinks the effect is, but as I posted previously and Bruce and I both agreed on, for a car in the 400 hp range and about 10:1 lb/hp, Quattro is like 25 hp or a large passenger (~225 lb) compared to 2WD. These numbers are supported by dyno, simulation, loss calculations and real world results.

Given how close many of these vehicles are you will always be able to find video, magazine results or individual anecdotes of a reversal of what the average condition is.

Uhhhh, case closed? Seems it is to me.
I have never doubted the figures that you and Bruce has agreed with, it sounds reasonable. I know how much having a decent sized person along side you makes and to speeds approaching 140mph it will amount to about 1.5 lengths to 2 lengths, that is it.

I just wished TB would put an end to his bias opinions on what Quattro does to the performance. I have no problems with his dislike of how they handle or that they are prone to understeer, there is no denying that one, if you push to soon in a corner it will understeer, plain and simple. But there is no way it's affects on it's acceleration amounts to the results seen in M5Board videos and the same goes for most of their stuff.
Appreciate 0