View Single Post
      03-31-2021, 09:52 PM   #17
fleetfoot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2013 E92 328i

A few more install tips

I just installed these pedals on my e92 328i after my first track day where I was struggling with heel-toe downshifts. My hope is that the extra gas pedal width helps me get more consistent. TBD.

A few thoughts on the install:

1) Do the brake pedal last. It's the hardest since it's metal and you can learn the process on the easier plastic pedals.
2) The brake and clutch pedals have little horizontal "valleys" that are ideal alignment for drilling the holes. They will help keep your drill bit from skipping and also ensures that your pedal covers are visually level.
3) I've seen multiple folks complaining of unlevel pedals after install. If you use the "valleys" to drill your holes, this won't be an issue, but you can also use a leveler to check that the pedal covers are level.
4) I used all four screws/bolts on the gas and clutch, but only 3 bolts on the brake pedal cover. The pedal arm gets in the way of the top left bolt, and the only way to make that bolt fit would be to cut it, or misalign the pedal cover. I saw multiple folks with only 3 bolts, so I just did that to keep alignment. No issues.
5) If you don't have a punch to set the initial drill hole, just use a nail.
6) For the gas pedal, if you align it along the right side of the OEM pedal, the bottom left corner may hit. So be sure to raise it off the floor a bit.
Attached Images