12-22-2018, 06:51 AM   #90
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Keep us updated!! I was soo tempted to buy but had a deal at work get delayed which pushed back getting the funds I would’ve needed to feel comfortable pulling the trigger. Hopefully we get to see it on this forum again soon.
Talked with the guy again and he did not end up getting the car. May still be someone on here that bought it, but not to my knowledge.

Now for the crazy part. Bidding war between two individuals over the car resulted in a sale price over $15k. Once you tack on taxes (7% sales for GA), the high yard fee (15% I think?), all the small fees, transportation to get it home... I see this costing someone $19k+.

That cost is too high to be able to strip it and make money, so someone is rebuilding it.

If you have the capability of doing all the repairs yourself I'd say you're approaching $10k in just parts. If you're paying someone to fix...oof.

Did someone just get on the hook for $30k for a salvage title E90 M3? I mean a super clean, one owner Melbourne Red 6MT E90 M3 with low miles just sold for about that amount on here.

Don't get me wrong, I love to see that my beloved car is worth that much to someone else and that it's going to be back on the road (or track?), but damn.
Appreciate 2
wfdeacon881105.00
BOOF-M34451.50