View Single Post
      02-10-2019, 07:10 PM   #11
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantarM3 View Post
This is quite interesting although I'm left wondering what each modification adds to the E90 Full car. What do you estimate are the gains from each mod (i.e., from headers, x-pipe, plenum (with high-flow filter?), and cams)? Can you comment on what the torque curves look like (are there dips/peaks & at what rpm)?

And as SVH pointed out, perhaps the WR NA car could see a nice gain with non-stock headers.

One last question, have you thought about high-flow throttle bodies (e.g., Dinan)? It seems that if you're pushing more air through the engine, perhaps those would help close the gap even further with the WR NA car.
Yes, true apples to apples comparisons are almost impossible. With the Karbonius intake I did a proper comparison on the same dyno and same day. It gave 9whp which is pretty significant.

On my E92 I did not do a baseline but with HFCs and a tune and pulleys it got 376 IIRC. Same day as the E90 base. But if you look at the curve it has additional hp in the midrange and also it is a 6MT car so you can't do a good comparison to a DCT one (gearing is completely different)

Torque curves are flat like usual with the S65 in the 5500-8500 range.

I have thought of the Dinan throttle bodies several times... but on the S54 I never recall seeing a dyno where someone gained horses from that... indeed in every case it actually lost horses. It's a bit counterintuitive but if I have to choose where to spend 3k I'll do cams

Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 02-11-2019 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 0