12-01-2007, 11:49 PM   #7
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
A regional BMW CCA event would be more days (2, at least many in CA are 2 days), more driving and less expensive. Other track clubs would lkely offer similar or even better deals. Both would be better than these over priced M Schools. These do focus more on track skills and less on defensive driving, i.e. dealing with surprises, panic maneuvers, driving in the rain, etc. The M school may be better for the latter but I have not actually been to one, so a bit of guessing there.

BTW, you can do a one day event (like WCD) and drive all of the following; F430, Gallardo, SLR McLaren, 599, AM Vantage, GT3, Ford GT (albeit much more conservatively) for about the same $. For this price I would do this instead. I actually signed up for one and due to poor communication on their end ended up missing it. I will get re-scheduled for one soon.
I understand BMW offers a variety of programs, ranging from defensive to aggressive driving skills. I think the M Schools focus on the latter.

I looked into the WCD, but I would like to get some real-time instruction on pushing the car to the limits. It would be great to drive all those cars, but since it is happening on public roads, not what I am looking for at this time.

I'll also look into the regional BMW CCA events. Thanks.
Appreciate 0