bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

Jacking this to document my Canada order tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
hey there, I have been trying to find info on how to track order shipment to Canada (also Vancouver, BC) too. I know your post is now couple years old but hopefully someone has info sees this now can help me out

I found out so far that I can call BMW Canada 1-800# for info, tried last night after I got my VIN from dealer; no automated system like BMW USA so will have to wait until Monday to try calling again and see if the "talk to an operator" is any use.

Some google search also led me to some posts (elsewhere) saying that I can use the last 7-digit of VIN to search on this shipping site to find which ship the car is on. No luck... I even tried using wildcard (%) as their help page shows in various field.
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

I am hoping my car is actually already off the boat in Canada on its way to the West coast on rail...
I am making progress tracking my car. I decided to jack this thread and use it to document how I track my Canada order since most of the other tracking threads are US focused.

For Canada order, there is no BMW Owner Circle site to use. Have to call BMW Canada 1-800# to get a service rep.

Tell him/her you want to get status on your order, they are happy to do it. Just a quick search on their system using the last 7 digit of VIN.

As of today, the rep confirmed my car is done production, but not yet shipped. At least now I can picture my car being a finished car!!

Knowing that my car isn't shipped yet, I am still curious about the WW site search. So I went there and punched in the VIN in the Cargo ID field. I used the first 14-digit plus %. Currently that search actually comes back with one result: another BMW M3 coupe (I used a VIN decoder on it) with only the last 2-digit in VIN different than mine!!!

That car is now at port waiting for the ship to arrive to load; that ship is scheduled to leave port on 29th. I am hoping that my car gets shipped and will make it on this same ship and start its journey at sea this Friday!

So my next step from this point is to call BMW Canada every day to see if it's shipped from factory. Also to do the search on WW site to find out if my car makes it to the ship and can get the shipping route timeline to know when it is expected to reach Halifax, Canada.

Yes, I have got obsessed with tracking my car...
Appreciate 0