12-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
RichB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamxkris View Post
hey guys i have been shopping for an m3 and i have come across a 2008 e92 m3 DCT in Alpine white with tech, premium, and cold. Now this car is a certified pre owned and the dealership has told me the warranty is good till 2014 or 100k miles. Now is this accurate as far as the mileage for the warranty? Also is it worth to pay the extra cash for a certified preowned and if i purchase a car that isnt certified would i be able to get it certified later down the road and get the extra warranty? If so how much would it cost me? Well anyway this car has 18k miles on it and they have listed it at 60k. I talked to the guy at the dealership and he has told me can go down to mid 50s to high 50s. Is this a fair price for this type of car? And is it really worth it to get a certified preowned?
I am going to the dealership to check out the car in person and would like to know if i need to do anything before i purchase the car? Is a PPI still necessary on a certified pre owned? Would it be ok to go and purchase without getting one?

Any help is appreciated guys, and thank you in advance!
Price seems high to me. CPO dates and mileage is correct...6 yrs from initial in-service date (original owner) or 100K miles, whatever comes first. I could be wrong, by a CPO is not available later...only at time of sale. To many, a warranty is important, especially on an M3. Depending on how many miles you drive, 32K miles could come quick and you will be outside the normal 50K warranty. You need to decide if the CPO 100K warranty is worth the cost. I believe it is typically $3K more than what you can buy the car without the CPO. For me, $3K is worth it. Now you need to see if the cost is really $3K. I don't think so on this particular car. Seems overpriced.

I did a Euro Delivery. The MSRP on my 2010 e90 M3 was $69K (nearly every option...no DCT and a couple other minor options). I bought for under $60K. Of course the downside is waiting what seems like an eternity to get your car back from Germany (4-8 wks). You also need to pay for your own trip. This was not a big deal for us since my wife and I were already planning our annual fall/winter vacation. You can get by as cheap as a flight (~$700), rail pass in Germany ($15), and maybe one night in hotel ($150). Pick up the car at Welt and come back home. I do not recommend a quick pickup as driving in Europe is a fantastic way to break your car in. Also, the BMW Welt delivery center is impressive.
Appreciate 0