10-08-2009, 02:18 AM   #10
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
We all know that manufacturers leave a margin of error for safety but yes, any increase in power using a part not offered can be grounds for warranty voiding. All they have to say is you increased the HP level over the stock levels which strained the parts beyond their designed tolerance. Also, because of the extra HP the engine is making the trnasmission is stressed more as well.

Do I think ANY tune on an NA motor has enough of an increase in HP to be a problem? Not even a little. But as PG said, if the rev limiter was raised then you're screwed. But push comes to shove, you modded the engine and you have to live with the consequences. I mod all of my cars and I accept that some of what I do may void the warranty on some things.

Ya gotta pay to play.
Fully agree. Our transmission is capable of handling 600nm of torque while our engine is only generating 400nm of torque. Tuned or not, nothing is going to ever hit close to 500nm with just a chip tune with normal mods apart from stroker and S/C. Thats why i find it weird they took this chance to void that as well.

I am paying for this for sure but am absolutely sure the rev limiter was never touched. Pretty freaking sure abt that.

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0