View Single Post
      01-24-2020, 10:38 PM   #11
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by shklog View Post
thats crazy....i would never think that that is considered "normal", but if it is, i guess ill just deal with it lol. Ive been monitoring it a lot after i got the battery cable recall done just to eliminate more factors and did notice a couple of interesting things. When i cold start it, it will of course be sitting at 11.8~11.6V depending and continue to be that way. If i stop and start the car again after driving it for a little bit, it will jump right up to 14v immediately when i start the car. Weather also is making it act very funny (as expected when it hits 20 degrees F out). I parked it in a parking deck at work for about 8 hours on a very cold day and came back out to the lovely "increased battery discharge" warning....but it never killed itself while running so im not terribly worried about it.
I know the feeling. I was going nuts monitoring the voltage every few mins. I've been left stranded by the road side by a dead alternator before so I had good reason to be paranoid.

The good news is, after my last posting in that thread, my car has not given me any more issues. No errors, no increased batt discharge messages, voltage all normal. As far as my case is concerned, it appears that it is normal for the alt to undercharge the batt after registration.
Appreciate 0