01-20-2008, 10:16 AM   #180
marwan
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
You can't choose?! How anomalous - as the M3 coupe looks to be available w/ CF as the default option in most mkts.

I'd love to know how BMW AG's price model gets consolidated to overall profitability on a revenue/cost model (e.g. R&D/Sales %). Ya got to think that US sales are in-effect subsidized based on corporate overhead allocations and the avg price globally - I've seen SS's estimate of USD $93k, which does not seem unreasonable ...
actually we do have an option to get customize our cars, but they take so much longer to order, plus you end up paying more....i know it's very f@cked up! all M3s come with sunroof cuz people here are idiots and think the more electronics = better.

when i bought my E46 M3 with 6 speed manual, i had to pay more since it was special ordered since all M3s at that time came with SMG.

in other words, if i want to buy the E92 M3 with DCT and CF roof(which should be standard), i'll end up paying more than $100k!!!

it'll be cheaper for me to ordered it from the U.S, fly to the states and ship my car back....or i can have my friend in the states do it for me.
Appreciate 0