View Single Post
      08-25-2010, 07:44 AM   #11
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaSai.M3 View Post
I find it annoying that sometimes after I reverse my car and I need to quickly get back into drive mode, but the car will get into Manual 1 instead of Drive 1.
You say "back into" above, so am I correct in interpreting that this means you are backing up after already having driven the car in D mode for some time?

In any case, the fact that you mention "sometimes" makes me think that you are experiencing a similar (though, slightly different, from your description) buggy behavior that myself and a few others are.

Quote:
Do those who have DCT have this issue? Is the car suppose to be programmed to go into Manual 1 or Drive 1 on first toggle to the right?
Neither, actually. On the first right click of the lever after the engine is started, it should go to S3. On the second click it should go to D mode, and be in whichever drivelogic setting you had last used for that mode. So if you were last in Drivelogic setting 1 for D mode (D1), then it will go to D1, yes. But if you were last in Drivelogic setting 4 for D mode for example, then it would go to D4.

Last edited by mkoesel; 08-25-2010 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0