Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe 6MT

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snck View Post
"And yeah, I was by myself, but considering that I weigh 250lbs...I have no sympathy"

Thought that was the case. I am a good 235-240 lbs so with me in the car he was at a big weight disadvantage. I certainly don't want to come off making excuses but the temp, my added weight, the DCT and traction control settings, along with Macks warranted reservations about street racing just really didn't give us a good idea of how the two cars really compared in a straight line.

You got one wicked ride for sure and I will honestly be supprised if it doesn't pull better from a 30-40 rolling start up to 100-110. I think a proper lauch on the M from a dead stop would be a good race.

I can't believe all the hate people throw out towards their fellow BMW owners. People really get their panties twisted argueing over this M3 vs 335 crap. I don't personally get it. No matter what, everytime someone opens their mouth it comes across like they are either jealous of the M3, or feel threaten about how good a car the 335 is. Both sides try to make an arguement to justify how they spent their money at the expense and feelings of their fellow BMW Enthusiast.

I dont get that from you Jeff and thats why I would would really like to put our cars up against each other, but to be honest, after reading the post in your threads on this board and the E90 board I am just about ready to blow it off. No matter what the out come, if we share the results with the board, one group of owners will just point, laugh and claim some glorious victory over the other.

You don't get this crap on a Vette/Viper/Porsche forum. A guy with a 996S gets just as much love from his fellow Porsche owners as the guy with the 997 GT2. Nobody tells the GT2 owner he should have bought a base model and taken it to Ruf or Gembella. I just don't get it.
Touche my friend....I really don't get it either. Even if I win, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Like I have said in about 10 other posts, the M3 is one of the baddest cars on the planet. But alot of these M3 owners act like I'm hating on their cars just bc I joked about "silver medals" I really don't get where this sense of entitlement comes from??? I was an M3 owner at one time and I really don't think I ever acted like that......at least I hope I didn't. Anyway, I understand the reservations after the scorching I have gotten on these forums.....even from fellow 335i owners. If you're still interested, I am down. Otherwise, I understand.

EDIT: Btw, I wasn't saying that u had a weight advantage.....all I was saying is that I'm almost always at a weight disadvantage so I really have no sympathy

SOLD!!! :-(Space Gray Metallic - Coral Red - 6MT - Sport - AA Exhaust - UR Catted Coated DP's - Procede V3.1 PnP - Stett CAI - BMW Group SSK - M-Tech Sides/Rear- OEM Aero Lip - GP 8500K Angels - Vorsteiner Boot Lid - Miro M6 Reps

Last edited by jbttum3; 07-18-2008 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0