View Single Post
      06-24-2018, 06:24 PM   #1
triggz82
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Balancing Problem - Any input?

I recently had my rims refinished (slight rash repair and powdercoating) and while I was there I installed four new PS4S - same size (255/275) as the worn out PSS.

After getting it on the highway I noticed a very mild vibration in the steering wheel and seat at speed (~120kmh). I attributed this to either needing an alignment or poor balancing job. I was swapping to coilovers soon so held off.

I recently did the alignment and a roadforce balance. Alignment had no issues, but they could not roadforce balance any of the wheels. Each wheel was showing at least 40lbs of roadforce (should be well below 20lbs). The alignment shop I went to said the tires could be defective and try to warranty them through Michelin. I'm completely stumped.

-The rims before refinishing were fine. No vibrations w/ Mich PSS. Is it possible that during the refinishing process the rims may have warped in the oven? That is the best idea I could come up with as only 2 of them had mild rash that needed to be repaired. The rims and tires balanced fine, just not w/ roadforce.
-Is it possible four tires could all be defective? Being that they are PS4S which are a brand new tire?
-Is it possible the shop's Roadforce balancer need to be re-calibrated? 40lbs+ of roadforce seems excessive, however I only have a very mild vibration from ~110-120kmh.
Appreciate 0